Many of us wish to see the exact battery level in percentage instead of battery icon that normally shows at the top right and for many cases we need to check the remaining battery percentage of our android Smartphone or tablet specially when planning to root android phone, going to flash custom ROM or may be going out for whole the day.
Android OS doesn’t have any option to replace the battery icon with battery percentage like iOS unless you have the latest Android 4.4 KitKat installed on your Android device. Yes, Android 4.4 KitKat version have option to see battery percentage instead of battery icon that we will discuss later part in this page. By following below methods you can easily check battery % along with other battery details:
Use secret code to check battery percentage on Android:
- Dial *#*#4636#*#* from your android phone
- Four option will appear on the screen such as- Phone information, Battery information, Usage statistics and Wifi information.
- Select the Battery Information which show the remaining Battery Level along with other details such as- battery temperature, time since boot and battery health.
Phone Settings to check battery percentage on Android:*** Go to your phone Settings menu
*** Remaining battery percentage in graphical way will be displayed at the top left
Apps to check battery percentage on Android:
1. Show Battery Percentage App:“show battery percentage” is a free app which shows battery percentage on your android phone. Battery percentage is displayed at the top left. Show battery percentage constantly on top and show charging icon when charging and you can see the percentage even when charging. Beautiful color display for different charging level- Green, Orange and Red.
Download “show battery percentage” from Google Play Store
2. Battery Notifier BT Free App:“Battery Notifier BT Free” is another great app to display battery percentage right at home screen. Like the previous, battery percentage at the top left. Have low and full battery alarm with repeat intervals. You can check Battery temp (C or F), health, and "plugged/unplugged since" info in dashboard.
Download “Battery Notifier BT Free” from Google Play Store
You can also download and install many other Battery Widget App from the Google Play Store to show battery usage percentage directly from the home screen.
Check Battery Percentage in Status Bar on Android 4.4 KitKat:As we said, Google introduced battery percentage indicator in status bar with Android 4.4 KitKat but there is no option to enable the feature from Settings menu. If you have Nexus 5 or other Android 4.4 KitKat updated device then follow below guide to enable battery indicator in status bar on Android 4.4 KitKat.
The first method is very simple, download and install the Battery Percent App (created by kroegerama at XDA) and check mark the “Enable Battery Percent” and Reboot your phone.
If you don’t want to use any third party app then follow this second guide:
- Make sure your PC have latest Android SDK
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the developer options
- Connect your phone to PC via USB (tested on Nexus 5, try on other device with own risk)
- Launch Terminal / Command Prompt
- Navigate to fastboot/adb folder located where the Android SDK installed (On Windows, it should be in C:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools)
- Enable battery percentage by entering this command: adb shell content insert –uri content://settings/system –bind name:s:status_bar_show_battery_percent –bind value:i:1
- Reboot your phone with this command: adb reboot
- you have done
and reboot phone with this command: adb reboot
The setting is not liked by most users as the percentage shown in White color, same as the battery drain indicator, means you’ll able to see percentage when battery level reached 50% or below.